Are you sick, or is a loved one sick? Is the situation urgent, but minor, and non-life-threatening? If so, then you can skip the wait lines and wait times of the ER, and come to Mercy Medical Clinic instead. At Mercy Medical Clinic, we welcome sick visits and offer same-day service for our established patients. We make every effort to see sick patients the same day even if they are not our established patients.
If I’m sick, when should I go to the emergency room (ER)?
This is a really important question because in some cases, only the ER is properly equipped to take care of and treat you. The rule is simple: if your ailment could be life threatening, or if you’re unsure if it could be life threatening, then you must go to the ER. Please dial 911 if you believe you or a loved one is experiencing any of the following ailments or symptoms:
- Suicidal feelings
- Convulsions, seizures, or feeling like you’re about to lose consciousness
- Significant difficulty breathing
- Poisoning, like possible poisoning from chemicals
- Any possible symptoms of a heart attack, like severe pain in your chest
- Any stroke symptoms, like slurred speech, vision loss, or serious confusion
- Or any other ailments or symptoms you believe could be serious and life threatening
If you know your illness or symptoms are not life threatening, then you can come to Mercy Medical Clinic, instead. For non-life threatening minor situations, going to the ER is unnecessary, inconvenient, and costly for patients.
If I’m sick, when can I come to Mercy Medical Clinic?
Remember that you can come to Mercy Medical Clinic if you are sure that your ailment is not life threatening. If you are sure, then come to Mercy Medical Clinic for:
- Cough, cold, fever, or flu diagnosis and treatment
- Urinary tract, ear, sinus, kidney, or other infections
- Sprains and strains
- Illnesses you acquired from work
- And more
Can I go to Mercy Medical Clinic for sick visits in Wylie, TX?
You sure can, yes! You’re more than welcome to come to our clinic for a sick visit. We can offer same-day sick appointments for established patients, and depending on our availability, new patients can be seen for a sick visit on the same day. Walk-in patients will be seen depending on the availability. If you’d prefer to make an appointment, please visit our appointments page to book an appointment with us at Mercy Medical Clinic. Visit us at 615 S Highway 78 Suite 100 Wylie, TX 75098. We’re open Monday to Friday 8:30 AM to 5 PM, and we look forward to your visit here at Mercy Medical Clinic!